If you commit to your own development and show up willing to engage, learn, and take action to further your goals, you will achieve greater results. The AspireVue specific tips outlined below will help you get the most out of your coaching experience.
- IDENTIFYREALISTICGOALS and areas of focus.
- Although there may be a number of items you want to work through, keep in mind the importance of getting specific on what it is that you want to work on. Have a focus area, set realistic goals, and come to each session with intention.
- STAYOPEN TO FEEDBACK from your coach and others.
- Begin with an open mind and honest self-appraisal of your strengths and vulnerabilities, leadership style, personality traits and potential challenges. You may receive feedback from colleagues and your coach. Experimenting with other perspectives can help get you unstuck.
- USE PSYCHOMETRICS AND 360 DATA to bring a new perspective.
- Various assessments and 360 feedback systems are available to help provide insight into your personal motivations, behavioral tendencies, possible derailers, and more. 360 feedback from the people you work with can also be obtained from continuous feedback.
- REMEMBER YOUR STRENGTHS.
- While everyone has development areas to work on, it’s important to build your goals around your strengths first. A coach can help you to develop a framework for your goals that acts as a guiding light to keep you focused and on-track, while also developing your vision for where you want to go.
- EXPECT CHANGE, and adopt a personal vision of yourself.
- As you work on achieving your goals, you will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone. Keep your development plan top of mind experimenting with new behaviors and approaches and reflecting on the results so you can adjust your behaviors and integrate the learning.
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
- Much of the coaching progress happens in between sessions as you put your development plan into action, experiment with new approaches and learn from the outcomes. By following through on your coach’s recommendations, you’ll increase the opportunity for learning and making progress in your development areas.
In summary, remember to get the most out of your coaching investment by being prepared and focused. You don’t want to waste your time or money with coaching, but use it as a time to set and achieve goals, create self-awareness, critically think, gain new perspectives, be supported, challenged, inspired, encouraged and ready to change and reach new levels. It will help you use your time with your coach more efficiently and effectively.
To get started with a coaching program, just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be amazed at how our uniquely designed platform helps to achieve sustained results.